How to Embroider: 11 Steps (with Pictures)
To start embroidering, you’ll need the following items:
- embroidery hoop – this is a ring consisting of two parts. You put the fabric in between the hoops – this helps keep it taut, making the embroidering easier. These come in plastic and wood – I prefer plastic for doing the embroidering and wood for displaying the embroideries.
- small, sharp scissors. You can find these under many names – though a google search for “embroidery scissors” will get you what you need. 😀
- your fabric of choice! Linen, quilting cotton, canvas and osnaburg are all great choices! It should not be too loosely woven or too tight.
- embroidery floss. This is cheap and comes in TONS of colors. I prefer DMC floss and use it exclusively.
- embroidery needles. These have bigger eyes than normal needles to accommodate the size of the floss.
- a water soluble marker or other marking tool. This way you can draw designs onto your fabric! It’s best it you use a water soluble pen so you can rinse the markings out with cold water at the end.
- whatever fabric you like! Muslin, quilting cotton, canvas and linen all work well. I typically embroidery on a linen blend.
More info and instructions about this great tutorial you can find in the source url - above the photo. diycraftstips.org is a collection of the best and most creative do it yourself projects, tips and tutorials. We dont claim ownership to any of these photos/videos. Credits goes to the original author of this great work. For more info please read About Us page. Dont miss out! Follow diycraftstips.org on Pinterest .